If you are a lover of music then Korg Keyboards and pianos will work best for you. Korg is one, if not the, most respected names in the piano industry. They are always on top of the most innovative discoveries, and create a range of products for the beginner or amateur, to the seasoned professional. Whether you are interested in a classic sound, more digital sounds, or a great mix, you need look no further than Korg keyboards and pianos. They are one of the leading music makers who have a passion for the beautiful sound that the piano can make.
Korg was founded in 1962 in Japan. Korg’s first product was an electro-mechanical rhythm device called the Disc Rotary Electric Auto Rhythm machine Donca matic DA-20 which was released in 1963. Later in 1967, the company released its first programmable organ, and then later used that technology to create a keyboard for the synthesizer market. The rest, as they say, is history.
Korg is known for creating a number of innovations and landmark products. They were the first to add feature effects on a synthesizer, and the first to use a ‘sample + synthesis’ sound design. Korg now has diversified its designs into digital effects, tuners, recording equipment, electronic hand percussion, and software instruments. Korg’s innovations have not stopped there. They offer a wide variety of products for any musician.
The new innovation – Korg keyboards and pianos
One of Korg’s greatest innovations was the workstations. In 1988, Korg introduced the M1 Music Workstations, which combined a keyboard, realistic PCM-sampled ROM-based sounds, a drum machine, a sequencer, and digital multi-effects. This one workstation was all anyone would need to produce music, and was the first of its kind. Over time, Korg has come to perfect these workstations, and they are one of the most popular products that Korg provides. Over the years, the improvements include the addition of disk drives, expanded polyphony, enhanced synthesis and sequencer capabilities, and choices of 88-note weight-action, 76-note, and 61-note keyboards.
Additional innovations to the keyboard include the modular Trinity DRS (Digital Recording System) Music Workstations. These include a touch screen display to redesign the interface, and look towards the future of music creation. The extensive ability of these machines is impressive. With the ability to add new sounds easily, save your work, and create something completely new, these workstations bring about the music we hear and love every day.
Later, the TRITON workstations were introduced, which again reinvented the wheel for modern workstations. The new features in these creative keyboards included a new HI (hyper-integrated) synthesis system, mono/stereo sampling, a newly designed sequencer with extensive editing options, great sounding effects, powerful dual polyphonic arpeggiators, user installable option boards, and much more. In 2001, the revolution was the KARMA, which took all of the greatness of the TRITON, and incorporated a patented technology which is able to generate complex musical and timbral changes based on a highly advanced algorithmic engine. Since then the evolution of the workstation keeps growing with the amazing innovations and technological advancement. The possibilities to create amazing, new and different music are endless.
Today, Korg Keyboards and pianos offer a variety of highly advanced workstations. The latest and greatest are available through Korg so that you will be able to create and perform to your best ability. Here are the current and new available workstations from Korg:
- Krome – This is a full length workstation with spectacular sound. There are unlooped samples available of every key. This is one at the top of its class. It is ideal for any style of piano playing, and is equipped with piano and drum sounds, and a new electric piano designed to be used on stage. Provided is also a seven inch color TouchView display with in-demand sounds including 640 Programs and 288 Combinations. This is a highly usable, highly functional keyboard that will stand up to the test of time.
- Kronos – This revolutionary keyboard redefined what a workstation can be capable of. It is equipped with nine sound engines, each offering a unique sound-creation technology, and a sixteen part Combis to allow all engines to function together in perfect harmony. You will be hard pressed to find better sound anywhere. With its advanced Virtual Memory Technology, aided by a fast Solid State Disk, this provides high polyphony and massive, ultra-long, and unlooped samples. Innovation like this is unheard of anywhere else. The features of the Kronos are just too many to list, but this is an extraordinary machine.
- Kross – This is a highly mobile synthesizer keyboard that will make it easy to bring your music along with you anywhere you go. Take your music you created at home with you. The Kross has amazing sound and is chock full of features, all while being small and mobile. Staying convenient, it takes six AA batteries so you can play anywhere. It has extensive memory, and is a light weight keyboard.
- Kronos X – Can you possibly imagine an improvement on the Kronos workstation? Korg has accomplished it with the Kronos X. As the design of the Kronos evolved, features now include a boost of the internal memory capacity and the size of the SSD, enhanced sampler functionality and the latest technology that makes the Kronos X the ultimate workstation. If you thought your possibilities were endless before, now that term cannot even be described. As an example of the innovations in this keyboard, it is equipped with a peerless synthesizer containing nine sound engines, such as a realistic piano, a richly expressive electric piano, a tone wheel organ, a digital synthesis, and a powerful analog/physical modeling. You many never need another workstation that is until Korg comes out with more innovation.
- Korg Minilogue and Korg-microarranger
These are just a few examples of the range of keyboards and workstations that Korg has available. More can be found on the secondary market. With Korg’s long history of high quality music making machines, there is no need to look toward any other brand. No one knows keyboard and synthesizers better than Korg, and they are constantly trying to perfect and outdo themselves. Bring home Korg keyboards and pianos and be a part of the possibilities.